Labelling of environmentally beneficial goods and resources extracted by more sustainable methods can help consumers decide which goods and services to buy product ecolabelling can encourage companies to develop green products and services and help consumers select more environmentally beneficial products and services. Eco-labels are also being used to certify that the fish bearing ecolabels were caught by using sustainable fishing methods and also for timber products to certify and trees were harvested in accordance with by sustainable forest management principles.
Objectives of Ecolabelling
The main objectives of ecolabelling are as follows
• Protecting the environment and to make consumers aware of environmental issues.
• Encouraging efficient management of renewable resources to ensure their availability to future generations.
• Promoting efficient management of non-renewable resources, including fossil fuels.
• Encouraging protection of ecosystems and species diversity.
• Encouraging proper management of chemicals to prevent pollution.